Saturday, 20 June 2015
Although you are already in Heaven and I miss you so much everyday, I want to take this time today to say thank you for being the best father I could ever ask for. Thank you for always working those extra hours for us as a family to make sure we could live. Thank u for looking after mommy when she was so ill, sacrificing your time. Thank you for taking in 3 extra kids of your brothers' when they passed away so early in their lives. Thank you for always making sure we had everything we needed as a family. Most of all thank you for taking us to church and introducing us to Jesus from an early age.
My daddy, I love you and miss you with every fibre of my being, but you are with mommy in heaven and I know you must be so happy, spending time with her and most of all singing praises to our Most High God in heaven. Tell Jesus I say thank You for His unconditional love and Grace.
Happy Fathers Day my daddy... till I see you again. Your Daughter. You and Mommy are forever in my heart.
Wednesday, 17 June 2015
Sticking with Jesus
As a leader I want to rather stick with Jesus and His principles than to follow man. We work for God anyway to show His glory and not for man.
My writing is based on humility and not pride, keeping our feet on the foundation that Jesus has laid for our lives. Proverbs 11:2 warn us that if we are full of pride and stuck-up we will fall flat on our faces, but if we are humble and down to earth we will stand firm.
We can still be assertive and be strong leaders when we lead with humility - power and pride is a dangerous avenue!
- We must always look at the needs of our fellow staff members. An autocratic management style is not healthy for any organisation. Loving others should become naturally - people are desperately seeking acceptance and are in need of love and leaders should be helping people through difficult times. We should teach, lead, coach and correct with love.
- Leading should not be about making a name for ourselves or hurting others to be at the top but we have to make sure we stay grounded on the good foundation that Jesus has laid for us. We should never hurt the ones that are weaker than us. We must always be reminded that Jesus never exalted Himself.
- Whatever important decisions we make as leaders, we should never compromise our values and we should always tap into the godly resources the Holy Spirit makes available to us and always be people of integrity and be trustworthy.
- Always think - how would Jesus do my job - then act!
- Transformation : How amazing that if we tap into those amazing resources that Jesus so freely make available to us as leaders, we will always be transformed and our work, family, friendships and our lives will just become more meaningful.
- Everyday at work we can start fresh with new GRACE from Jesus not dwelling on the "yesterdays". New mercies every day!
- A shepherd will lay down his life for his flock, serve and sacrifice. That is how we should be with our employees daily. You will get a lot of respect from your employees and they will do so much more for you when you as a leader respect them.
- We must never break the rules of our company and we need to be the examples and always respect those in authority.
We will face many challenges and also be criticized as Christian leaders but we need to know when to stay silent (be still and know that I am God) and also when to stand up for our values.
Always remember if you don't have people you are leading, you are still a leader. We are leaders leading from the heart of Jesus. I pray that God will guide your heart as you lead to show His glory on a daily basis. Amen.
Sunday, 14 June 2015
The gift of GRACE through Jesus Christ is invaluable.
Religion can become such a controversial topic. We as Christians need to be carefull that we don't become so religious that we forget about the greatest commandment Jesus gave us and that is to love. We must not "push" people away from God's love because we become so religious. We must truly live out the grace and love of God.
We have to love on people that are broken by sin, people in need of His love. When people hurt and they feel they are not good enough to be loved and accepted by Jesus, we need to be there full of the Grace of Jesus to lead them and show them they are loved and accepted, no matter their sin. For everyone sins and falls short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23) but then John 1.17 tells us that God's unfailing love, grace and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ. How exciting.
The gift of Grace through Jesus to us is absolutely invaluable and great. God's mercy was given to us only through Jesus Christ .. how awesome that NO MATTER what our sin, God loves us unconditionally and so we have been accepted by God. Jesus tells us in Matthew 12: 31 - 32 "every sin will be forgiven, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven". And blasphemy against the Spirit means to continuously reject the Holy Spirit's promptings to accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour. Jesus said in John 10 : 27 that NO ONE shall snatch a believer out of His hand.. we shall never perish but have eternal life.
So today I say to all sinners (like we all are including me), no matter what your sin is, turn to Jesus because He alone will love you unconditionally, accept you as you are and give you everlasting joy and peace.