Wednesday 12 February 2014

God will always be there during your hardships ...

God is always with you during your hardships.  It is a promise that He made and He is not a liar.



When I was a little girl (about 7 years old) we never had exposure to homeless people or poverty where I lived.  We never had squatter camps as we call it these days.  So I remember sleeping and the next moment I was out of my body and someone (could have been Jesus or an angel I am not sure) showed me how people sleep on the streets and eat out of dustbins. I remember ‘moving’ through the air looking down at heart rendering moments. This was a glimpse God showed me into the future, I do believe that with all my heart. I remember waking up and sobbing in my grandmothers’ lap, sobs that came from my inner being. I was so young I did not understand what happened to me. I am much older today,  and yes all the things God showed me when I was younger; poverty and squatter camps and homeless people; I stare into that every single day in the area I live and in our Country. It became a sad reality.  And every time I see people suffer I remember what God wants me to do. What He showed me.  I know God is saying I showed you that, you are My hands and feet and I will equip you to help. Just one at a time.  Little by little.  We all can be His hands and feet. 
Why am I telling you this? I want you to know that yes, there are hardships. We all go through sad and terrible things on a daily basis, but God says that we must not fear. He is with us. And as long as we have Him we have hope. He is our refuge and our strength in times of trouble.  God is your rock during times when your storm clouds blow so wild.  His love is holding you when you feel like giving up. All God is asking for is for you not to give up on Him.  Don't let Him go. Don't blame Him. Just hold tight and He will bring you through it. Be still before Him with your heart and He will give you the answers. Praise and worship Him daily and have a 'real' relationship with Him. He is the ONLY one that will be there for you to guide you and help you. Just never let go.
1 Peter 1:6-7: In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honour when Jesus Christ is revealed".
Father God through our trials and hardships, I pray that our faith will increase so it will prove worth greater than gold. May we know that there will be good coming through our hardships. Help us through our pain and help us to hold onto You and never let go. You are the light Jesus and we will follow You. Fold your arms around us as we face the hurts we go through and the hurts of our loved ones and our neighbours. May Your glory be revealed though all this Father God. Amen.
 

No comments: