Thursday 26 September 2013

Cherish my friendships ... equally yoked

Cherish my friendships ....... equally yoked

 

2 Corinthians 6:14

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.  For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

 
When I look at what is happening in the world and I look at peer pressure and who we associate ourselves with in our lives, I totally get what God is trying to teach us.  God is saying that we have to be equally yoked with those that we let into our lives as well.  We have to fellowship with those who will build us and teach us and those who believe as we believe ... being equally yoked. 
 
We are on the border of summer in South Africa and Sunday was particularly humid so my best friend (whom I am equally yoked with - a God sent) saw about 20 kids doing washing with their parents in a stream of water (in squatter camps in South Africa they don't have running water). They were playing and very hot in the sun. So she stopped the car, got out and went to go and count how many people there were, she insisted buying them ice cream (something some of them never get). So we went to KFC and we bought them all soft-serve. Well, between myself, her and my daughter (and her baby in the car chair with me at the back) we had to try and balance all these soft-serve ice creams melting all over us..  Wow, I never realised how fast the hot sun can melt ice cream. We laughed and made a lot of noise... Happy ending ....  the kids came running to get their ice cream. At that moment I thanked God for my equally yoked best friend as she has a heart equally yoked with mine, always in touch with our surroundings and making sure we can extend our hand to others and off course our daughters also see and they will follow suit in their lives. 
 
The point I want to get to is to say, those that God sends into your life that have a heart like yours to extend a helping hand to the world.. cherish them and thank God for them. I thank God for my best friend, she has a heart of gold. Partnerships like this really matter.  After all we are not in this world to see what we can gain out of the world but what can we give .... that is ultimately what will make us happy. Being in touch.
 
 

Mother Teresa said ... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.  Be the living expression of God's kindness, kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile ...   

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: