Saturday 5 October 2013

Peace from broken pieces

I have been thinking a lot lately how easy it is to blame God when something bad happens or when our lives fall apart.  I had a conversation with somebody a while back that is blaming God for all the poverty and famine in some countries.  All I can remember is passionately defending God and explaining to him that we are God's hands and feet and we are suppose to do something about it, we do serve a wonderful loving God who cares about us and loves us, we must not blame God for the bad.

Someone then told me to read a phenominal book called "Peace from broken pieces" written by best seller +Iyanla Vanzant I can encourage people who want to get through what they are going through to read a copy. 

She said in one part:" If I have learned nothing else in the last five years of my life, I have learned that I can depend on God.  I now know without a shadow of a doubt, that God can and will always hold me up, sit me down, push me forward, pull me back, turn me around, keep me in line, move me along, teach me what I need to know, and remind me of what I already know".

Wow and wow, that is so well said.  God is a loving Father to us and He is always there even if we cant see it at times.  He loves us and He will carry us when we need him.  We must just have faith and believe it.

Romans 8: 38 tells us that nothing can separate us from the love of God, neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow, not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.

Now that promise is straight from God to us.  Amen and thank you Father God.

No comments: