Thursday 16 January 2014

The GREAT mercy of God

I agree with this picture ... 

"God's mercy is so GREAT that you may sooner drain the sea of its water, or deprive the sun of its light, or make space too narrow, than diminish THE GREAT MERCY OF GOD"



God does not only give us new mercies every New Year, but every single day, He says in Lamentations 3:22 that His mercy is new every morning and great is His faithfulness to us. His steadfast love for us never ends and His mercies NEVER come to an end.  God has compassion and understanding for us.  He knows what we are going through in this world and that things can get very difficult, but we must continue to trust Him.  His compassion for us will NEVER fail.  He is so absolutely faithful. God's mercy gives us fresh hope, love, joy, comfort and spiritual light every singe day.


God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

As sin became, we were destined for death but because of God's GREAT love for us He had mercy for us and made us alive in Christ.  Wow, when I think about that for a moment it is like receiving a death sentence and then be set free, because of somebody loving us so very much. An incomprehensible gift from God that we don't really deserve. So thinking about that, I can't fathom not praising God daily and worshipping Him at His feet in everlasting love and thankfulness for this great gift He has given to me.  It is like He has given me a new white sheet of paper everyday and I can write my new chapter for my life and He erases all my flaws and sin and He holds nothing against me. Wow, what love He must have for me, for you!  But, this does not mean we can just sin consciously every day, no, God still wants us to live our lives worthy to be His children.  Romans 2:4 tells us:  "You did not think did you, that just by pointing your finger at others you would distract God from seeing all your misdoings and from coming down on you hard?  Or did you think that because He is such a nice God, He'd let you off the hook?  Better think this one through from the beginning. God is kind, but He's not soft. In kindness He takes us firmly by the hand and leads us into radical life-change".

Some of us do strive day in and day out just to do the right thing and to love God. Integrity means doing the right thing when no one is watching, we do it because we are His children, because of the gift He has given us and because we love Him.  We can turn our lives around and make a difference daily and be the hands and feet God wants us to be for Him, for His glory... not for ourselves.

Paul (that was Saul) ... who became the most important fore-runner for us Christians said: "Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life". 

Paul was a murderer and one of the worst enemies to Christians and to Jesus himself. Jesus even asked Paul why he hated Jesus so much.  But God still showed him mercy. So we will get the same mercy from God, because He loves us.  This example always shows me that God will forgive us and will have mercy on us. 

Father God I just want to thank You for having mercy upon us daily. Thank you that you love us so very much. 



















No comments: