Monday 12 August 2013

The " Ultimate " gift of God: Grace

The journey of life

The journey of life .... day by day .... will never be pain free, it will never be without any challenges ...... God did not promise us an easy life ..... even to those of us that call ourselves a son or daughter of Christ .... But even in difficulties, it is a life that will be totally worth all the struggles and pain as He will one day be waiting for us when our journey ends.  He will be waiting for us with open arms and say: "Oh my child, I love you and although your journey on earth was tough you have run the race with Me in mind and it was all worth it".  I cannot wait for the day when Jesus and His angels will welcome me/us with open arms and because I believe in His grace and I  know it by faith and not by my works, I know this is so. 

 

Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us :"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves , it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast"


Yes, sure life is tough when we see people suffer, having nothing to eat, when they don't even have the luxury of having the basic necessities of life like a nice warm bath at night or a warm bed to sleep in. Yes, life can be heart rendering and at times I "file" so many things in my "I don't understand it" file, but Jesus says when we just press on it will all be worth it. I believe this in faith.  The real challenge is that even though we go through things in our lives we still need to be the "face of grace" to those people in need. That is what God expects from us. 
 
I love the version in The Message, Philippians 3:14 that is focused on the Goal, telling us:  "I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back".  
 
I do believe in life we have to be the hands and feet of Jesus. We have to show Grace to the world. But do we really know what Grace is. Grace is how Jesus wants us to be. Grace does not judge, it does not boast, it does not pity people or resent people, it does not think it is better than others, NO, Grace is humble like Jesus, it is compassionate, it loves through the eyes of Jesus. Yes, we can't "change" the world but we surely can change or touch the lives of at least one person. Just one person at a time is all it can take.  How would you feel when you help somebody and you actually see that person change, getting better from an illness or start believing again, seeing the Glory of God illuminating the soul of that person. To be able to make a difference in the life of somebody else is a blessing.
 

Challenge:

So today, think of a person in need, a person you know that has difficulties, think of some ways you can help or support that person. You don't have to think "big". The best ideas in the world started off small. It is the small things in live that could be more effective. Sit and ponder and think how you can make a difference in the life of that person............ I am going to ............. (Do it). Don't wait and miss your opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus. After all, His grace is FREE. It is a FREE gift. We don't have to do anything or boast about anything to get HIS approval. It starts small.
 
What can you thank God for today as you sit and think of your life. What can you thank Him for that He set you free from. Thank Him and start accepting His Grace in your life today! By the grace of God we can overcome our past, our pain, our sins our "I am not good enough", "I will never be able to be anything". Yes we will. The Grace of God helps all of us to overcome everything  and to accept who we are in Christ Jesus. 
 

Hebrews 13:5 (MSG) :" Don’t be obsessed with getting more material things. Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, “I’ll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,” we can boldly quote, God is there, ready to help; I’m fearless no matter what. Who or what can get to me?"

Prayer:

Thank you Jesus that YOU opened up my heart so that I can see myself through your eyes - that Yes because of Your grace I am good enough. Thank you that I don't have to do anything to deserve your grace, that it is a free gift, You died on the cross for ALL OF US. I am truly nothing without You in my life. Life has no meaning if You are not in it. Oh I would be nothing without Your grace. Your grace is AMAZING! Thank you once again Father God that I can stand up as a daughter of the Greatest King and say Your grace is sufficient for me. Jesus thank you for Your Grace, thank you that You had all of us in mind the day you died on the cross. All for your Glory Father God!
 
The words of this song I have sung so many times in my life but only when God opened my heart letting me in on His wonderful Grace, when I realised what Jesus has done for me on the cross, that I do not have to do anything to "win" His approval but I can just be myself, THAT DAY, the day the reality sank in, the reality of His grace, that day I have seen these words so differently. Wow, thank you Jesus for opening my heart.
 
Amazing Grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost
but now I'm found
Was blind
But now I see

No comments: