Tuesday 2 July 2013

I choose ........... Grace and Love

Choosing .... no matter what happens in our lives, Choosing, no matter how we feel about ourselves! 


Jesus said in John 15: 16-17 "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit - fruit that will last, and so whatever you ask in My name the Father will give you. This is my command : Love each other".


Well, wow, Jesus came as our Grace as He chose us (you and me) and He left us with ONE greatest commandment and that is to love.  

I am a very ordinary woman with a passion to let people know about the Grace of God.  I also have a love for Jesus greater and different than any other love I can think of.  Jesus can touch ordinary people. Think of Moses, Paul and David the shepherd boy just to name a few. All of them "ordinary".

So, looking at reality of day to day choices in our lives my friend has a little "campaign" that she has giving out biscuits to the hungry or the homeless or just the ordinary man on the street as God would lead us.  We do this whilst driving home or to work or weekends when we drive together.  Well sometimes I would cry (like this morning on my way to work) and then a minute after that I would smile as the little newspaper "boy" smiles from ear to ear as He reads "You are special to God". But, choices are what we can make in life just to make a little bit of a difference in somebody's life, it does not have to be a big deal, it can just be ordinary.  A lot of a little can make a huge difference! 


Whatever you are doing in your life and you feel "inadequate" or ordinary - God is looking for you, yes you!  Remember God never sees the inadequate we see and feel in our own lives, He sees beyond that. "Inadequate" actually does not exist when God is involved. Just look yet again at Moses, Paul and David. I love the song by Ray Boltz called Shepherd boy.  This song is when Prophet Samuel was searching for the next king of Israel amongst Jesse's sons.  He overlooked all and lastly in the fields caring for the sheep was David (The man after God's own heart - 1 Samuel 13: 13-14).  David was just the shepherd boy, not fit for a king in "worldly eyes".  But God sees past the worldliness into the heart of a person.  Yes, David was the chosen one, the ordinary shepherd boy.

(Chorus of the Shepherd Boy by Ray Boltz)
But when others see a shepherd boy
God may see a king
Even though your life is filled
With ordinary things
In just a moment He can touch you
And everything will change
When others see a shepherd boy
God may see a king.

The story of David is so full of grace and love, from the core of our God's own heart - What an awesome promise to us.

So, in our own lives, no matter how we see ourselves and no matter how others perceive us, God sees us as kings and queens, fit to do his work and fit to be part of His Kingdom - children after His own heart.

Choose today!

Choose your life in such a way to accept the grace so freely given to us by our Father God.  Choose to accept the greatest commandment Jesus gave us - to love.  What a privilege to LOVE God with all our hearts, souls and with all our minds.  Then we have to love our neighbours as we love ourselves.  This is where we can choose to make small little differences.  When we love God and we accept His Grace (Jesus dying for our sins on the cross & Him loving us just as we are) it will feel so awesome to know that we are sons and daughters after His own heart. Just choose!

Pray with me .....

Father it feels so awesome to call myself your daughter, the little old ordinary me.  Thank you that I am enough to be part of Your amazing Kingdom.  I don't want to ask for anything but I just want to say thank you.  We can be grateful for so much.  We just need to look around us.  When You look at me You see me as Your Queen, fit for your Kingdom. Father everything we do is for YOUR glory.  Amen

No comments: