Monday 29 July 2013

My Friend ........ the Holy Spirit

My Friend the Holy Spirit....

John 14:26 (AMP) :" But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intersessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby) the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name (in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf), He will teach you all things.  And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you".


Are you longing for a Friend, someone who is humble, gracious, trustworthy and always looking after your best interests.  Then get to know your Friend the Holy Spirit.  Jesus said that He will give us a Friend   (John 14:15) so that we will always have someone with us. Not just sometimes or often, no, ALWAYS. This beautiful, gracious Friend will be with you every moment if you allow Him. He will show you things in your life and in your heart that will change your life forever.  He will never let you down, He will never fail you.  I know sometimes you might feel that He has failed you if you are looking at your immediate situation. But look back at your life (over a couple of years) - you would be able to see how the Holy Spirit has gently carried you through the very difficult periods in your life.  No one said that life would be without any difficulties but I believe that the Holy Spirit wants to teach us and build our character and use us for the Glory of God.  So just press on! You will finish the race for your life that is part of the bigger plan.

The Holy Spirit will never "force" himself to be part of your life.  He is not forceful to those that do not want Him to be part of their lives, but the Holy Spirit is patient. He is patient and kind.  The Holy Spirit is powerful and strong, yet humble.  He can heal our hearts, all those places in our lives that are shattered.  No distance can ever separate us from Him.  He is is always with us and there is nothing He does not know about us or our future, so He is able to protect us. How absolutely awesome is that. So just sit back, be still, and invite Him into your life. He is a Friend indeed and a Friend in need.

When we get to know the Holy Spirit intimately, our values and our morals will be aligned to those of Jesus.  We will become new creatures longing to walk in His ways.  It says in Titus 3:5 (NIV) : " He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy.  He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit". Again, this shows the Grace God has for us, as no works we ever try and do will be good enough, it is only by GRACE!!

Prayer:

Father God, I pray to really get to know the Holy Spirit and people longing for joy and peace to get to know the wonderful, beautiful Holy Spirit that shows us Grace.  Holy Spirit You are welcome in my life.  May You be my Friend and my Guide in my life. Guide me so that I can please You with everything I do in my life.  Thank You Holy Spirit - Personal fulfillment when You are part of my life. All for the Glory of God! 

I will be still and know God, Holy Spirit take over!


No comments: